This is my second time taking a Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour (once in Rome, Italy then Paris, France) and I love them! It’s hands down the best way to see the city in a short space of time. Plus it takes away the stress of sight seeing and planning out an itinerary.
Here are 4 reasons why you should sit back and relax on your next trip.
1. Get an overview of the entire city
Hop On Hop Off buses give you a great overview of a city and are especially useful if you are only in town for a couple of days. Tickets are avalible on a 24 or 48 hour basis; you can choose to either do a complete loop of the entire tour and then return to the places or break up your tour and hop off at your leasure.
2. Let someone else do the driving + Free Wifi
Navigating your way around a new city / foreign country can be a nightmare and not everyone is confident using the local metro or able to walk long distances. Taking a Hop On Hop Off bus tour leaves the driving to someone else while you get to sit back, relax and see the sights. Plus, each bus has free wifi!
3. Informative Commentary
When you first board the bus you are given head phones to listen to recorded commentary sharings facts about the history, culture, and landmarks. It is offered in a number of languages and some buses even have actual tour guides who share the history of the city with you and are happy to answer questions.
4. Dicounts on Attractions
Purchasing a Hop On Hop Off bus ticket often allows you to receive discounts at other attractions in the city. With our Paris ticket we recieved a free boat tour cruise and a coupon book for dicounted rates on musumes around the city.
Things to know:
- Tickets can be purchased at local ticket offices, from the driver onboard the bus, or online prior to traveling.
- Ticket prices vary depending on the city in which you are taking the tour.
- Various companies operate in some large cities. I have personally only used City Sightseeing and Big Bus.
- The duration of a full ‘loop’ will vary depending on the number of stops on the route and the size and traffic volumes in each city.
- Tour operation times vary by city and tour type. Some cities offer night tours.
Have you taken a Hop On Hop Off bus tour? What are the reasons you love about Hop On Hop Off buses?